Call Me Mamacita!

Hola Amigos! Thanks for stopping by! I've been getting so much support and my site meter is working double time! THANK YOU!! ::blush: You're far too kind.

On another note...I was a bad wife yesterday. Hubby's family and I went to dinner in the cutest Tapas Restaurant... but forgetful me, I forgot my camera...::whaap-Waaaa:: WIFE FAIL!

I managed to snap this photo with my phone.
The name of the game is "Spot the peeps." There are 5 people in this picture, believe it or not.

















WIFE FAIL DOS!

Today I made sure to make it up to Hubs...twenty fold. Last week, he requested that I attempt to make real deal Holyfield Carne Asada Tacos. Challenge ACCEPTED, sir.

Project Wifey Wife Week 8: The Savory-
Carne Asada Tacos

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless beef top sirloin
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1 lime
dashes of chili pepper

1. Cut the beef into strips and season well with salt, pepper and chili pepper.
















2. Drench in lime juice.















**Here's a quick tip to get the as much of the juice out of a lime or lemon. Use a fork to shimmy left and right. It really gets in there!**















3. Marinate for 30 minutes. When the meat and the lime has spent some quality time... saute it in a pan with 1-2 tbs of oil.















Don't worry folks, that there is not all oil...it's fat, too.

I let it cook in the juices for awhile, then took it out....and added it to the beans. Can't let that flavor go to waste.

**Note to self: Exercise like mad tomorrow.**

4. After the oil has rendered off, brown a bit and add more lime. (If you like the tang tah-tang tang)
















5. Warm the tortillas because it's time to get it on.















BEFORE I give you the final plate presentation... I must tell you the BEST thing I made today.

Ready for this?

Spanish Rice...in the Rice Cooker. SAY WHAAA?
I conjured this up in my leedoll brain on the way home. I learned that you can cook dishes other than white rice from my Christmas present book "The Rice Cooker Book"

Ven Aqui!
Ingredients:
1 tbs of canola oil
2 cloves of Garlic; minced
1/2 of a small onion; chopped
1-1/2 cup of long grain rice
2 1/2 cups of Chicken broth
1 cup of tomato sauce
2 tbs of parsley

1. Trust your Rice Cooker and tell it you love it.
2. Pour the canola oil and set the rice cooker to Cook.















(Trust it...Trust it)






















My Tiger (Rice Cooker) stopped in about a minute or two. If yours doesn't, then you can pop the button up.

2. Add the garlic and onions to the hot oil to saute. ( You can keep the lid off until step 4)















3. Add the rice. Set your cooker to "Cook" again to brown the rice.
















4. When slightly brown, add chicken broth and tomato sauce.
5. Set to cook. Depending on your cooker, you might have to cook twice (Or add less water)
When I cooked it twice, it came out. PERFECT! MM!

Cook #1















Cook #2















Fluffy, yummy, and a beautiful Spanish Rice Red. Delicioso!

We ended the night with some Bunelos. I was able to freeze some dough from last time. And we had Dulce De Leche Haagen Dazs. ::drrooool::























We only had 2 Bunelos and 1 mini Haagen-Dazs each.

**Note to self- eat some damn veggies tomorrow.**

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm. The rice sounds awesome. I'm definitely gonna have to try it. I can't seem to master Spanish rice, so maybe this will do it for me. Love you and your blog Joanna! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dulce de leche is my favorite...can I come over next time you eat it! K, those tacos had me drooling. What a fun family dinner:) Girl, I am so happy you found my blog because I AM OBSESSED WITH YOURS!! You are absolutely gorgeous and we have so much in common! I LOVE Disney shows too and the cheesecake factory red velvet cheesecake sounds absolutely amazing. YAY FOR NEW BLOG BFF'S!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love carne asada! Yum! Oh and Haagen Daaz...yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What tapas restaurant? Was it out here? I've been wanting to go to a good one and the only one around is Sevilla, which I've never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. Let me just say, "I love you!" We had Mexican night for dinner and I made your WONDERFUL Spanish rice. Who knew you could make something besides sticky rice in the rice cooker? Ok, probably a lot of people, but not me. It came out great. Looking forward to leftovers for lunch. Keep 'em coming Joanna. You're inspiring me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, are these the same carne asada tacos you're making this weekend? if so, do you have room for two more at your dinner table? =) i'm bookmarking these to definitely give 'em a try. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS