Trick them boys

Good Monday to you Friend!

Today kicks off Sergio's (Hubs) Birthday Week!!! It's his first birthday as a husband!

Yeah, yeah, I know it's silly to celebrate ALL of our "firsts as a married couple" but, you gotta celebrate those little milestones, right? PLUS, it's yet another reason for me to cook more meals. And who the heck doesn't like that!?

I'm going to stuff him silly!


















This week I'm going full force as a wife! I'm going to try to make one of his favorite dishes each day of the week. No, I'm not crazy, I'm just.... dang it... ok I'm crazy.

On ward we go!

Like Garfield, Hubs is MAD about Lasagna!!


















So, I thought this would be a good meal to start off the week. I gathered all my previous knowledge from making lasagna in the past and made sure to add EXTRA of his favorite ingredients... oregano and ricotta cheese.

Done and Done!

Sergio's Sausage and Saucy Birthday Lasagna

Ingredients:
1 tbs of Olive Oil
1 garlic clove; minced
1/2 large onion; chopped
1 and 1/2 cups chopped bell pepper ( I used yellow and orange)
6 sweet Italian turkey sausages with casings removed
1 can of stewed Italian tomatoes
1 tsp of Oregano
salt and pepper to taste
lasagna noo noos
2 cups of Spaghetti Sauce

1 large tub of Ricotta Cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup of Parmesan
1/2 cup of grated Pecorino Romano
A LOT of Shredded Mozzarella ( I used 1/2 lb)

1. Start by flavoring the oil with the garlic and dried oregano
















2. Saute the onions and bell peppers















3. Crumble the turkey sausage and brown.















I hid the good stuff all up in there...shhhhh.... to the boys, there were no veggies and it was beef ok?

4. Add the tomats. Salt and pepper to taste and you're all done...with that.






















Yeah, I use generic brands...don't judge.

5. Mix the Ricotta, Parmesan, Pecorino, and 2 eggs together.













Is it just me or is cheese AMAZING!?

6. Now it is time, to layer. Sauce, noo noos, meat, ricotta mix, mozzarella, Parmesan, repeat x2


Bake for 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees.

::sad face:: I got so caught up with the eating part I forgot to take picture of the finished product.

Close your eyes and imagine and a cheesy, bubbly, brown around the edges kinda lasagna!

To make it up to you, I give you something that is also cheesy, bubbly, and I guess a bit brown around the edges...this cutie pah-tootie.


Yes, his shirt says "Miso Cute"

Sebby and my Kuya came over to celebrate Day 1 of Hub's birthday celebration!

SURPRISE!
















This is a gift for me too! Now Hubs can do some handy work around the house! Happy BIRTHDAY!!

Take ONE!
















Ok, Take TWO...















Forget it....

After dinner, Sebs and I made dessert!

You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see him help me with a very special Project Wifey Wife dessert!

Until then, here's a picture of how we ended our night... XBOX Kinect! Silly game!
Now move over it's my turn!

























Have you played Xbox Kinect yet? What do you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. Your nephew is so stinking cute!

    We have a kinect, which I thought was super lame until I started playing Dance Central. I'm not a dancer, but it's still fun, and mini workout too!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS