Pot Banana Nut Bread

If you are a pothead who googled something to tranquilize Mr. Munchies, I apologize...you are sadly mistaken.

I am starting love the crock pot. It is a talented little guy that can make anything your lil' heart desires. As I was thumbing through my Crock-Pot Cookbook, I flipped through the casserole chapter, the pasta pages, and even the soup section. But the Dessert division really caught my eye.

Desserts made out of a crock pot? Pray Tell...

Project Wifey Wife Week 9-The sweet

Crock pot Banana Nut Bread

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
2 Tbs dark corn syrup
3 ripe bananas, well mashed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
**I think it was lacking in sweetness... I would add another banana or some brown sugar

1. Grease and flour crock-pot.

2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl.
Something about cranking that handle and watching the lumps and bumps getting sifted away is theraputic no?
3. Cream butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Slowly add sugar, eggs, corn syrup.
4. Bust out that masher and mash those bananers. Add to the mix.
Something about bananas make me happy. Maybe it's the fact that it rhymes with my name? Or maybe because they are just delish. Maybe I was a monkey in my past life.

5. Chippity Chop the walnuts and invite them into the party bowl.
6. Pour the mixture into the greased crock pot. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
Use the toothpick method and when it comes out clean....it's ready to eat.
7. Turn that frown, upside...DOWN
I'm used to making my breads in loaf form....hmmm... maybe I met my "loaf" quota for the week with the meatloaf.

It says to wait until it's cool....but I couldn't resist. I'm gangsta like that!
Don't mess with me ::Lean like a Chola::

It turned out good. Again, I would've added some brown sugar. It needed some sweetness. But, it's a good breakfast treat and I enjoyed making it.

Plus, to say I used a tool for something other than it's real purpose makes me feel pretty rebellious. I was a goody two shoes in high school so I think it's about time to break out of my shell.

8 comments:

  1. That looks good- and easy! Oh, and if you want your bread sweeter I'd let your bananas get really brown- like one step away from moldy. I make myself do that for banana muffins, as gross as it is, and they're super sweet without much of the fake stuff. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another reason to use my mixer AND crockpot! Looks too good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bread was very tasty! You rock g-friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny! Who knew you could do that?? That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've NEVER heard of doing bread in a crock pot! tell me though, did it come out dry? it doesn't look doughy enough for my liking.. I'm so curious. :)

    you go girl for experimenting with such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea that you could make banana bread in a crockpot! Genius! I must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS IS THE COOLEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!! Girl, that looks amazing and I am obsessed with the crockpot. Seriously, brilliant. I am also a hand over the menu girl!! HA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. not like pot brownies of course...

    I am just echoing everyone else: crockpot!? bread!? how did this happen! too impressive
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS