Smell-o-vision and Thursday Favorites!

If there was such a thing as Smell-O-Vision, this post would make you wanna lick the screen.

Who wants to invent this?  Where's Willy Wonka and his little minions when you need them?

Tonight I made one of my FAVORITE Chicken dishes. I got the recipe from a friend who I went to Grad School with. During my Credential Program, each of us were required to make lunch for our group. She made this...and changed my life forever.

















Kimi's Mochiko Chicken

Ingredients
2 lbs. of boneless chicken thighs
4 Tbs. of Mochiko Japanese rice flour
4 Tbs. of corn starch
4 Tbs. of sugar
5 Tbs. of soy sauce
1/2 tsp. of salt
2 garlic cloves; minced
1/4 cup of green onions; chopped
2 slightly beaten eggs
2-3 cups of Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
Oil for frying

















1. Start by cutting the chicken into small, bite size pieces.















2. Mix  the rice flour, corn starch, sugar, and salt together and then add the soy sauce and eggs.















Question: Dear Me, I'm feeling lazy today. I don't want to take out a knife and board. Can I cut garlic with Kitchen Scissors?















Answer:  Can you BE any lazier?

Probably...
















3. Add the minced scissored garlic and green onions, stir, and pour over chicken.















4. Marinate for (I've tried as little as 30 minutes and as much as over night.) X amount of hours. The longer the better!















Because I'm a LOSER, I left out the next step. I ran out of Panko and I was not about to make another trip Ralph's this week.
5. Coat in Panko.
6. Fry on Medium until cooked. (Pretend there is a layer of Panko Coating on these bad mamma jammas.















7. Remove and let oil soak into a paper towel. Serve and ENJOY!















The flavor on this chicken is sooo magical and delish! Cross my heart.
















Now on to my Thursday Favorites! ::cue the bells, whistles, and dancing monkeys::

It's no secret, my favorite day of the week is Thursday! Why? Because I know that Friday will soon be here! It's like the ring finger  of the week. Don't ask me why Friday isn't my favorite... I can't explain this love affair.

Snack of the Week:
Itsy-Bitsy Ice Creams!!




Product of the Week:
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Skin Therapy Oil


















I was literally EATEN ALIVE by mosquitoes on my Honeymoon 4 months ago. Now I have battle scars all over my legs. I'll take it as a compliment Mr. Mosquitoes.

 





















You can Thank me later for sparing you the butt shot.
And then you can slap me after for showing you these horrific bug bites.

My point being...this oil is clearing my scars rather nicely. I'm praying that in a month it'll be even more faded.

Favorite Pet:
Sonic. I feel like if I don't pick him he'll pee on my bed or something...brat.






















And that my friends...are a few of my Favorite things. Random? Yes...but that's me, Ms. Random McRandomson.

And lastly, Happy Birthday again to my amazing Husband. You are a wonderful person. How lucky am I to find someone so caring and kind? Your heart must be made of gold, my Love. I will shower you with hugs and kisses, and feed your belly for many more years to come. You are the ketchup to my french fries. You make my life sooo delicious.

3 comments:

  1. my mom and boyfriend would love that chicken!! i should make it for them soon!

    and i love the random facts! i should try and find some of that oil because i am absolutely COVERED in scars because of my job and it's craziness...oh the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some crazy mosquito bites! Ouch! :(

    I wish the smell was coming through my screen (although my tummy is already rumbling! Haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me cracking up at the garlic thing. I am way too lazy to deal with garlic. Don't tell anyone, but I usually use the jarred kind! The chicken looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS