Crock Pot Virgin

::Happy Dance::
Is anyone else excited that the weekend is here? I was able to sleep in until 7:00, then napped again on the couch until 9:00. You early risers know what I'm talkin' bout! I guzzled down a PB Green Monster and took my pupsters on a nice long walk though the neighborhood.

My blogger buddy Christine posted this on FB today:

"I love how all the people who are out walking and running in the morning smile and say good morning to each other. It's just so... nice. Okay, back to my normal, cynical self."

Holla if you agree! People are so nice in the morning when you're exercising!

Anywho- on to my Crock Pot Virginity.

For years I've been wanting to Crock Pot, but I just thought...hmmm, that's too big for lil' ol' me. But then, I got married and someone was kind enough to gift it to us for the wedding. Thank you kindly!

This is the model we got....DAAAMMMNN... look at those curves!























I finally decided, after 4 months, to bust that baby out and use it. The hubs helped me pick out what to cook first. He decided on Barbecue Pulled Pork....but, in good stubborn fashion, I used beef...because I wanted to.

Project Wifey Wife Week 7(The Savory)- BBQ Pulled Pork Beef :
Adapted from the Crock pot Cooker Cookbook "Best-Loved Slower Cooker Recipes)

Ingredients:
1 boneless beef shoulder or butt roast (3-4 lbs)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strip
1 bottle of BBQ sauce
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar


1. Combine salt, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and red pepper in a small bowl; rub over roast. Massage it good!

































2. Place onion and bell pepper around and some below the beef. Combine bbq sauce and sugar to pour over. Mmm....

















I made it the night before then left it in the fridge. I started the Crock pot before I left for work the next morning.

To tell you the truth, I was terrified to leave something on while I was away. All day I had visions of the house on fire and Sonic trapped in this room. I quickly rushed home and everything was absolutely fine.

Because my imagination is so active...or crazy, whatever you prefer, I googled "crock pot fires".

Whew...nada.

3. Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours. I did it for 11. 

I came home to a house that smelled like a southern bbq restaurant....or The Neely's House perhaps?
















4. Use a fork to shred. I could've let a newborn baby do this part because it was THAT tender. If there was a bone, it would've fallen off that.


With this, I made baked red potato wedges sprinkled with Lawry's seasoning and Olive Oil.
















and corn OFF the cob.

"Ring the cattle bell Pa! It's time to GRUB!"

















For Dessert, I had some leftover egg roll wrappers so I looked around the house and came up with these bad boys!












































































I love unexpected treats!
Enjoy your weekend friends!

Tell me: What's ONE good thing that happened to you this week?

3 comments:

  1. Can i come over for dinner at your house?!?!?!??!!?

    THis looks amazing!!!! I love pulled pork, and I don't even like pork!

    I love our crockpot it saves us so much time when we both come home exhausted, well more like I'm lazy and dont wanna cook and kris is exhausted LOL!!! :)

    I love your dessert!

    I hope you're well darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out :)

    I love my crock pot, but like you am really hesitant to leave it on while I'm gone because I don't want anything to happen to my dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. crock pots are the best! I don't use mine nearly enough though :) Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS