Thai Food for two...or ten

Hubby and I love to go out for Thai Food. We usually stick with..you know... the usual..

Pad Thai and Pineapple Fried Rice, split 50/50, no extra plates needed.

















I wish I could have this once a week. I would be a much happier person I think. Sure, I probably will get fat from the carb overload, but we pay these kinda prices to be happier, right?

My Good Friend Steph, sent me  recipe that brought me back to this happy time. I was filled with joy and promised my belly that it would be my next recipe.

Project Wifey Wife Week 10-The Savory
Easy Pad Thai-sent by Steph
taken from Cooking Light Magazine
Ingredients
8 oz. uncooked flat rice noodles
2 Tbs. dark brown sugar*
2 Tbs. low sodium soy sauce*
1 1/2 Tbs. of fish sauce*
1 1/2 Tbs. of lime juice*
1 Tbs. Sriracha or chili garlic sauce*
3 Tbs. canola oil
1 cup green onion cut into 2 inch pieces
8 oz. large shrimp (Peeled and deveined)
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup bean sprouts
1/4 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
3 Tbs thin sliced Basil

* I added more of these to my liking. It wasn't powerful enough for my killer tastebuds.

1. Cook Noodles according to package and drain















2. Combine sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl...or a big one but that might be weird.
3. Fry onion, shrimp, and garlic until shrimp is almost done. **Can this recipe BE any easier?**















4. Add noodles, then stir in the sauce.















5. Garnish with shredded carrots, sprouts, and peanuts...Enjoy!
















Pineapple Fried Rice
adapted from "Crying Tiger:Thai Recipes from the Heart"

1 Tbs minced garlic
1/3 cup peanut oil (I used Veggie oil)
1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1/3 diced carrots
1/3 diced oinion
1 egg; beated
4 cups cooked jasmine rice
1 Tbs of butter
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp white pepper (I used black)
1/3 cup peas (BLECK) Do I even have to explain why I left this out?
1/3 cup of raisins (I added a bunch more)
4 Tbs soy sauce
1 Fresh Pineapple (cubed)
1/3 cup roasted cashews
2-3 tsp of curry powder

1. In a wok, add garlic and oil and stir until golden brown. Add shrimp and cook for 3 more minutes.















2. Add carrots and onion and stir for another 2 minutes.















3. Add the beated egg and stir constantly for 30 seconds or so.
4. Add rice, butter, salt, sugar, pepper, raisins, soy sauce, and pineapple (You can add the peas if you're into that gross stuff)

5. To mimic the flavor of the Pineapple Fried Rice from our FAVORITE restuarant, I added the curry. It was legit.

The Verdict
The Pad Thai was really good, but if I could've added something to make it match the one we love, I would've added some Tamarind. The flavor was light and I loved the kick that the garlic chili sauce brought to the table. I'm a sucker for the crunch of the peanuts and sprouts!

The rice was TOTALLY legit and Hubs and I LOOOVED it. I WILL be making this. I forgot to mention that this recipe makes a hefty amount. You can feed a whole Hawaiian Island with this. If you don't like curry, leave it out. I tasted it without and it's more of a regular sweet fried rice. Still good.

Overall, I dub this meal to be a regular in my Sunshine Kitchen. 

6 comments:

  1. That looks sooo good Joanna! Great job!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I adore Thai flavors. Pineapple, coconut, curry, yum!
    I like my curry nice and spicy.
    Meri
    merigoesround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is another I may have to try myself! YUMMERS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I thought I left a comment!! Let's see if this one posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that worked this time but I'm too lazy to repost the original...thanks for testing this recipe :) It is a Cooking Light recipe so that's probably why you don't like it as well as your restaurant fav!!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS