....you make lemon bars.
... or you throw them back in life's face....but that is definitely not the Godly thing to do.
These past two months life seemed to give me lemons.... a lot of them. Then, it squeezed the acidic juices into my eyes and laughed...and I cried. It was a battle of wills and those yellow bastards won. But the thing is, I let it. I let it burn and instead of opening my eyes and wiping away the citrus venom, I sat there and let it consume me. Even worse, I let the poison pump through my veins and became a sour WITCH. I was angry all the time...on the inside, and sometimes on the out.
Last week, I called my Mom and told her I was down and out. But, in true mom fashion, she told me to "Stop acting like that." Real nice mom, kick me while I'm down, thought the little devil hovering over my left shoulder as it danced around like a crazy person.
But, as always, my mom is right. I let it fester, I let it marinate, I let it spoil me. Thanks for being right Mom. I need to focus on the positive and realize the many blessings I have in my life. Oh, SO many blessings.
And those pesky lemons? I'll show you where I stuck them...
Project Wifey Wife Week #11- The Sweet
Creamy Lemon Bars
From The Cookie and Biscut Bible
1/2 cup confectioners' (powdered) sugar
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
pinch of salt
3/4 cup butter, diced
1 1/2 cups sugar
grated rind of 1 lemon
1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees and grease a 13 x 8 cake pan.
2. Sift together the powdered sugar, flour, and salt into a bowl.
3. Rub in the butter...:: Deep sexy voice:: Massage it GOOOD!
My monthly butter consumption now-a-days is RE-DICULOUS!
4. Press mixture into the pan and Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
6. In a separate bowl, lightly whip the cream, then fold into the egg mixture.
7. Pour the folded topping over the warm crust and return to the oven and bake for about 40 minutes.
8. Let cool, cut, powder, and serve.
I got so many compliments on these! They are SOOO good!
These'll make you smile.
Here's to happier days that are focused on the positive and to making those lemons into something fabulous.
Can't get any better than that.