My First 5K and Recovery Muffins

I did it guys!!! I ran my very first 5K! ::happy dance::

The Race: Angels 5K Fun Run- Sunday March 27, 2010
I am not an Angels fan (I'm married to a Dodgers Fan, which makes me one by association) but I thought this one looked harmless and had fun written all over it...literally.

















The Course:
It started outside of the Angels Stadium and you take a victory lap inside the stadium before hitting the finish line. Amazing!















The Preps:
The night before, my hubsters treated me to one of my favorite places to stuff my face with CARBS!
Old Spaghetti Factory....Hello Sourdough bread and half marinara, half Mizithra Spaghetti. I've missed you!

















The night before, I also packed up my gear.
Running pants, CHECK! Shirt, CHECK! Sweater with Thumby holes, CHECK!






















Running belt, Running watch iPod with Killer playlist, hair thingamahjigs, Sustenance, Directions...CHECK CHECK AND CHECK!























It's GO TIME:
I literally woke up at the butt-crack of dawn. 5:30 wasn't so killer when you have race fever!
I ate some breakfast and prayed that this would fuel me enough.


















T picked me up at 6:00 and we headed out to Anaheim.

I was so sleepy, I couldn't even take a decent picture..yeah that's it.



















We Almost didn't make it on time because we couldn't find the parking lot!! Luckily we got there safely and sprinted...no lie.... to get our race stuff!



Here's the cool Shoe Chip! It keeps track of your time. Amaze!



















We ended up starting about 5 minutes later than the Official start time because we didn't want to battle the crowds...and because we were too busy getting freebies!

I was still battling my cold, but I pushed on through and ran more than EVER!






















Check out those Flared Nostrils! That's determination baby!
And can I point out those people walking behind me....I'm just sayin'....

Seriously though, I ran a lot, walked a little, and did a whole bunch of zig zaggin' through the crowds.



In no time...we were reaching the light at the end of the tunnel...or the tunnel at the end of the race...whatever.



Inside this tunnel was VICTORY! It was AWESOME ending the race here!

Don't tell anyone, but I teared up a little running through....

We sacrificed running time for photo time! I had to do the "Asian pose."






















And even WITH stopping for pictures, we finished at a cool 42.27 minutes.
That might not be much to some, but to me, that was my personal best.

I couldn't have done it without my running buddy! Love ya T!






















This is the first of many to come. I had so much fun. I pushed myself harder than ever and I feel so incredibly proud of myself..**toot toot**























Do I need to remind you that I Run to Eat? I didn't have much energy after the race, but I had just enough to make these.

Banana Recovery Muffins

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter; softened
2 Large Eggs
3 ripe bananas; smashed
1/2 buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

** I didn't take pictures of the process...so sue me. Gimme a BREAK! I just ran my first race don't cha know! :p**

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease 18 muffin tins.
2. Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Add eggs and blend. Add bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
3. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until moistened. (No need to mix in separate bowl...just pour on in!)
4. Bake in muffin tins for about 30-40 minutes.

Best Damn Muffins I've ever had. Don't excuse my language...it's appropriate for these!
















I'll be recovering all week with these puppies....

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATS, winner!! Looks like you and Tina had an incredible time! Glad you're all better, too. (I prayed for your health and safe run while Jojo and I were at church.) Let me know when you're doing another race.. I'll be there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you Joanna! You are an inspiration. Keep on going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I'm not an Angels fan AT ALL either, but when we went through during the Disneyland race it was still really cool. So, do you have the bug?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! Thats awesome...I'm so glad you had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS toots on your first 5K! I'm sure you will have many many more and hopefully I'll be able to join you one of these days. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS