I think it's only recently that I started liking the taste of Curry.
Along with that: Red Wine, Strong Cheese, Coffee, and Beer. I think my adult tastebuds are coming in....
Project Wifey Wife Week #11- The Savory
In a Hurry Chicken Curry
Adapted from Everything Rice Cooker Cookbook
2 Tbs Canola Oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into bite-sized pieces
2 red potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 Tbs curry powder
1/4 tsp of red chili pepper flakes
Salt, to taste (Use on each layer)
1 1/2 cups of water
3/4 cups of coconut milk
1. Chippity Chop the onions, po-tats, and chicken. Add a little salt on that chicken!
2. Heat the oil and saute the onions until slightly soft.
3. Add the chicken, potato, curry powder, red chili flakes, salt, and water; stir well. Let it come to a boil.
::Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble::
4. Turn the heat to LOW and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through. About 5 minutes before end of cooking, stir in coconut milk and simmer for 5 more minutes.
I want to stick a straw in there...now.
5. Taste test before Hubby gets home.
Curry, hurry in my belly!
Tell me Friends...How are you doing with the TIME CHANGE!?
I couldn't get out of bed this morning. I made my coffee a bit stronger. I'm about to fall asleep right now.... That's how it's treating me.