In a hurry Chicken Curry

I think it's only recently that I started liking the taste of Curry.

Along with that: Red Wine, Strong Cheese, Coffee, and Beer. I think my adult tastebuds are coming in....

Project Wifey Wife Week #11- The Savory
In a Hurry Chicken Curry
Adapted from Everything Rice Cooker Cookbook

Ingredients:
2 Tbs Canola Oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into bite-sized pieces
2 red potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 Tbs curry powder
1/4 tsp of red chili pepper flakes
Salt, to taste (Use on each layer)
1 1/2 cups of water
3/4 cups of coconut milk
















1. Chippity Chop  the onions, po-tats, and chicken. Add a little salt on that chicken!




2. Heat the oil and saute the onions until slightly soft.
















3. Add the chicken, potato, curry powder, red chili flakes, salt, and water; stir well. Let it come to a boil.















::Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble::
















4. Turn the heat to LOW and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through. About 5 minutes before end of cooking, stir in coconut milk and simmer for 5 more minutes.

I want to stick a straw in there...now.






















Magnifico!















5. Taste test before Hubby gets home.















Curry, hurry in my belly!















Tell me Friends...How are you doing with the TIME CHANGE!?
I couldn't get out of bed this morning. I made my coffee a bit stronger. I'm about to fall asleep right now.... That's how it's treating me.

5 comments:

  1. This dish looks fantastic and simple! Love it! I am adjusting ok thus far with the time change. It usually takes me about a week to really get behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been more bothered by a time change. It doesn't help that work starts at 7 freaking 15 this year.

    What kind of wine made you start liking it? I've tried so hard but just can't acquire the taste buds for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina Breece :-)March 15, 2011 at 5:23 PM

    We are totally going to try this recipe! I always thought curry was hard to make. You've inspired me to try it out!

    About the time change... Love that is stays light later but man has it been hard on my body! Who knew a little misely hour would hurt so much!!! eek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh mannggg that looks delicious! anything curry is amazing to me :P Wait, you're married?! Perhaps I overlooked that in your bio or misunderstood something in your post. have a great day sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS