Flavor Karate Chop to the Buds

...Taste Buds that is....

If you think I have forgotten about the Project Wifey Wife: Readers' Edition, you are wrong. I have sorted through them and have every intention to cook every single one of them. From Risotto to Cake pops, I WILL make it, bake it, own it, and eat it.

Here is one I tried last week and boy oh boy is it packed with flavah!

Project Wifey Wife: Week 13-The Savory
Marissa's Honey Soy Grilled Salmon with Edamame
adapted from the Food Network Kitchens

Marissa is Hubby's Cousin who just recently celebrated her 21st birthday!


















Oh, to be young again. How I miss the days of partying until the wee hours of the morning, drinking, dancing, and being footloose and fancy free....::le sigh::

Anywho- enough of my late 20-something  mid life crisis.

Ingredients
1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
2 scallions
**instead of 2 tsp vegetable oil**
1 tsp vegetable oil / 1 tsp of sesame oil ( I love the taste!)
salt and pepper to taste
4 center cut skin on wild salmon fillets
2 tsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp honey
1/4 tsp black sesame seeds
1 1/3 cups cooked edamame

1. Pre-heat the Broiler. (I used the Broil Method, but you can also grill it. )
Hi Broiler! Nice to meet you!



















2. Finely chop the cilantro and scallion and mix in the oils and ginger. Season with salt and pepper.

















Look! I got to use my mini-whisk. Love this little guy!






















3. Cut two 3-inch long slits through the skin lengthwise on the bottom of the salmon fillets, going about halfway into the salmon. Stuff 'em up!

















4. Stir together the lime juice, soy, and honey until smoooooooth operator.

















5. Place fillets on a greased pan and set it on fire put it under the broiler skin down, basting 3 or 4 times with sauce. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes.

















Don't ask me why the pan is bending this way.... and Don't ask me if I almost burned dinner.

and please Don't ask Hubs how many times he had to calm the Fire Alarm down.

He's using my Jacket to fan the smoke



















6. Finish with a sprinkling of the black sesame seeds, rice, and edamame.


















Can't even tell that it almost went up in flames.

















The flavor kick is Insane in the Membrane!

5 comments:

  1. ahhh that looks awesome! ps i LOVE your plates/bowls! so cute and classy! have a great wednesday pretty girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing!!! I am the same way..I am 25 and I think I have already had a mid life crisis..i think I've had a couple ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out beautifully! We all set off the smoke alarm from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks yummy!! Our smoke alarm tends to go off like...every day. It happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep! I could use that karate chop - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS