Mother's Day Weekend Recap

Oh Mondays. How I loathe thee. No offense, but you are not so popular in my book. I think you should give into the peer pressure and become part of the weekend. I'm just sayin'....people would love you a lot more. I sure would.

This weekend was jam and jelly packed! Saturday was all about cleaning. There were weeds in our yard taller than me... how embarrassing. My neighbors were beginning to think that A.) We are lazy sums-a-bitches. B.) We died inside our homes and need assistance C.)We jumped ship. Lucky for them, and for me, I have a Hubby who is willing to do the weed pulling. ::le swoon::

After our cleaning sesh, we moseyed on up to the High Desert to spend time with my beautiful Madre. We spent the night and Hubs, Kuya, Katwina, and I woke up bright and early to make a nice breakfast.






















I woke up first (I win)  and started my breakfast casserole. It began with a pack of bacon.... and in my opinion, a recipe that begins with a whole package of bacon is pretty much bomb cot com from the start.

There was also green peppers, onion, a carton worth of eggs, milk, and CHEEESE involved.




While I was on casserole duty, Katwina was busy cutting strawberries for our strawberry scones.






















Hubs was busy washing dishes.

















And Kuya was busy pretending to cut his fingers off while cutting the fruit for the fruit salad.


















Our hard work paid off and our breakfast was fit for the Queen.

















Breakfast is served Mama Bear.

















Excuse the poor lighting...

















I'm happy that the picture was dark. You can't see the sweatpants from HS I'm wearing or my eye-boogers and drool stains. Whew...close one.

Mom also opened her gifts...

















Remember Mommy, you have another one coming in the mail!

After breakfast, my mom shared family stories...like the time my brother rolled off the bed when he was days old...or the time when I peed in my parents' bed when I was 2. Ahhh memories.

And then there was this Beautiful Story.

My Great Grandpa was one of the first Filipino immigrants brought over to Hawaii to work in the sugar cane fields. When he was able to finally return home, he brought his daughter, my grandma, a Gold Coin. Figuring she couldn't really do much with a Coin except stare at it, he skillfully made them into a pair of earrings. It's passed through the hands of all my Aunts and my mother....and now it's my turn to have it. I'm HONORED.












































Thanks Mom, I love you with all my heart. You're the greatest friend a daughter could ever have.

In the afternoon, we visited Hubs side and silly me, forgot to take pictures of our beautiful day at the park, and the fun visit at Grandma's house. ::hand slap:: BAD BLOGGER! BAD BLOGGER!
I did manage to snap one picture of our family and one of Hub's dearest childhood friends.

















Such a Wonderful Weekend!

Tell me readers!
  • Tell me one thing you did this weekend.
  • Let's kick it into high gear. What's one goal you have for this week?

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend! I absolutely love the story of those gold earrings, so neat!
    My goals for this week is to stop slacking and start paying attention to my arms and do a some strength training!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend you had! I spent Mother's Day at Disneyland with Ronda. It was a lot of fun and really nice since both her kids had to work.
    This week, I am going to cherish every moment because my brother and sister-in-law are coming to see me. Kinda like having my daddy around. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what BEAUTIFUL earrings!!! I love that story :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me want bacon. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The breakfast casserole looks amazing. I'm definitely going to have to try that out. What an amazing story about those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I <3 this blog! You're so blessed to have a tradition in your family! =)

    One thing I did last weekend... went out with my gfs which was much needed.

    Goal for the week - ???

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a beautiful story of your earrings! Talk about a legit family heirloom. Love the family pics, always makes my heart warm. :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS