Let the record show that I am not a slow reader, I am quite fast actually. It's just I get so distracted. I watch a copious amount of stupid stuff on the boob tube, I love to do anything that doesn't require moving, and really...I've always been more of a magazine person...ooooh prudy pictures! I never wanted to admit any of this because now you probably think I'm an illiterate lazy bumhole. Illiterate...no. Lazy bumhole...mayhaps.
Here are some books I finished at truly enjoyed! (all images from Amazon.com)
1. This book was so intense. Very graphic in nature, suspenseful, and exciting. I really enjoyed it and was quite disturbed at the same time. You really have to get past the first half (which was full of lawyer jargon) to really get into the "good stuff" but I thought it was a great book.
2. If I had to describe this book it would be the same description I give to a Gummy Bear. This book is filled with a handful of sweet and delightfully funny stories. It's about the author's experience moving to Whitter, California as a young child in the 70's. It's very cute and it was a fast read.
4. This is my second time reading this book. I read it when I graduated college (Almost 7 years ago! WOW) and for some reason I couldn't get into it. Reading it again has given me a different perspective and I think I'm reading it in a good time in my life. It's about chasing your dreams and finding your passions. I'm diggin' it!
5. One word: HILARIOUS! The first half is about her childhood, about her teenhood, and her personal life. The second half is mostly about SNL and 30 Rock. Both halves made me laugh out loud and read it to my hubby. I LOVED IT!
6. More on this later because I'm only a quarter through it. So far, it's eye-opening and life altering. I don't want to accept the fact that I've been abusing my insides with all the butter, cookies, and burgers I've been consuming, but this is really going to help me feel better about myself. I can feel it already.