Beer on a Monday night? You CRAZY!

Project Wifey Wife Week 2:

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a great start to your week!


My Monday was pretty good. Work was fine, but it wasn't until after school that things started to kick into high gear! I came prepared to work with my workout "duffel bag" i.e my Trader Joe's grocery bag (yeah, I really need to invest in a REAL bag) and my favorite co-worker (Hey T!) and I went for a 30 minute walk around the school. Having a work-out buddy is really... workin' out! Brisk pace, good convo, new shoes... it was work-out heaven!

After a long  shopping trip to the grocery store, I started my Meal of the Week!  I'm starting a new project where I try TWO new recipes a week; one meal and one dessert.

Last week, I started BIG and made Beef Bourguignon atop mashed potatoes. It came out WONDERFULLY!!



















The meat was melt in your mouth tender! Hoooooo Man! 




















Today's dinner was just as scrum-diddly-umptious! I decided to make Vegetable and Chicken Enchiladas with homemade Spanish rice. Here we go!





















Roasted and toasted to perfection!



























Then, I prepped the magic ingredients and was on a roll...literally.


























'chilladas sauce.... CHECK.

























Tortillas... Check!

Line em' all up...




























And roll, and push, and roll and sprinkle.





































You can never have enough cheeeeeese!! Carefully put it on the plate, scoop on the rice and corn, and a dollop of light sour cream! Add cheese as needed.


































Mr. Hubby Hubs LOVED it! Oh and yes... we shared a 40 oz of beer... because we GANGSTA.


































This is a Hodge podge of recipes. I took what I liked and made it my own!

Vegetable and Chicken Enchiladas
1/4 cup olive oil
2-3 cups of broccoli florets               
8 oz white mushrooms
2 zucchini, chopped
2 cups of carrots, chopped
1 package of white corn tortillas (package of 10)
8oz or more of both Queso Fresca and Mexican blend cheeses.
1 lbs of cooked shredded chicken

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, and carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 30-40 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and lower temp to 350 degrees.

Now it's time for SAUCE!

Saucy Sauce
1 large can of Enchilada sauce
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp of oregano
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/4 cup of chicken chicken stock
dash or two of chili powder
salt to taste

Putting it together

Take one tortilla and warm it in a frying pan with a drizzle of oil. After about 20 seconds on each side, place it on a paper towel to cool down. Then, dip it in the saucy sauce, put a large spoonful of veggies, a couple of shreds of chicken, and a whole mess of cheese in the middle. Roll tortillas and place seam-side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour extra sauce over top and sprinkle with MORE CHEEESE!!



















Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes and enjoy! :)

Ole!




















Now here is a preview of this week's dessert... coming Thursday!

















How many times a week do you cook?

1 comment:

  1. Beef bergenion is on my list of things I am going to make this year. I adore Julia Child and have a goal to,cook five of her recipes this year and beef bergenion is on the tippy top, I have only heard good things about it and oh how you've given me the courage to try it.

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS