29, 24, 6 and 5

Yesterday was my 29th birthday. It's a weird age to be. I'm on the cusp of letting go of my 20's...oh those glorious 20's and grasping on to my 30's.....Holy crap I'm going to be 30. I feel 29, which is weird. When people ask you "How does it feel to be _____?" I think many of us respond with...meh. However, I really feel 29. Maybe it's because I'm coming on to my 7th year as a teacher, 2nd year of marriage, and first child. Good Lord! I'm an adult. I also love looking at paint colors at Home Depot and spending too much time organizing my kitchen cabinets. Adult biz. I never thought I'd see the day.
Coconut Chocolate Cupcake from Sprinkles. OH MY!
Sonic also had a birthday this month. He is 5 years old. I don't want to count in dog years because that will make it a lot older. He is my puppy forever.

Puppy Cupcake from Sprinkles. Don't judge.
Yesterday also marked 24 weeks pregnant which is 6 whole months pregnant. Cra-zee.
How far along? 24 weeks, which is a whopping 6 months pregnant!
Total weight gain: 20 lbs. I am ashamed.
Maternity clothes? The stretchier the better. However, those elastic bands are starting to be a little more uncomfortable. I want to just be naked all the time but apparently there are laws against this?
Stretch marks? Nada
Sleep: Sleep is good. I wake up every morning with leg cramps but I am a ninja and I stop them before they get worse. The trick it to flex the foot and point the toes to the sky. Works like a ninja charm.
Best moment this week: Celebrating my birthday at the beach, stuffing my face with snacks. It was a great day!
Miss Anything? Sushi and being able to wear flip flops without dying of pain.
Movement: Baby is kicking, flipping, and hiccuping a lot still. 
Food cravings: Sweets. Cakes, cupcakes, pumpkin pie, ice cream....all those fat loading treats!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing at the moment
Gender predictions: Still feeling like it's a girl.
Labor Signs: Not yet
Symptoms: More weight gain...booo. Water retention....hisss. Swollen feet...RAWR!! Those are angry sounds, by the way.
Belly Button in or out? It's almost out. It's kinda gross.
Wedding rings on or off? My wedding band is the only thing that barely fits. You think hubby will buy me a spare?
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and excited!!
Looking forward to: More birthday celebrating this weekend!

14 comments:

  1. happy birthday! hope you had a wonderful day. and you're looking great - i can't believe you're already at 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! Time flies when you're pregnant!

      Delete
  2. Please do not get down on yourself for gaining weight. Most skinny gals will gain more weight-this means you! Big girls gain less because they are already carrying a load and it just converts to the baby. So, no worries. Be good and know that you will lose a huge chunk of weight just delivering:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the positive comment. You're right. I shouldn't stress about it. I think the summer heat makes me feel more swollen and the water retention is pretty bad too. I should enjoy my new womanly figure. :)

      Delete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You look great, 20lbs gained is NOT BAD AT ALL! When you're closer to 100 than 10, then you can be shamed ;-) (My sis gained 60lbs with every kid...and lost it every time.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What was her secret to losing it? I can't imagine gaining 60. Pregnancy does some crazy things to our body!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday!! I can't believe you're already 6 months...you'll be holding your baby before you know it! I went out and bought an outrageously large fake diamond ring at Kohl's when my wedding rings wouldn't fit anymore haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica. Time is definitely flying. Is your Baby Everdeen here yet? I'm going to hop on over to your blog with my fingers crossed. And I am going to take your advice and go to Kohls ASAP!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! I wish you and your baby all the best :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! You look adorable :) It's going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Joanna! You look fabulous :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too cute. Seriously. That picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy (belated) Birthday!! To both you and Sonic! No judgement for the puppycakes here, we did the same for our pup's birthday too! haha
    and you look AMAZING for 24 weeks! I will admit i have definitely surpassed your 20lb weight gain in my 24 weeks haha, you are doing amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! You are adorable at 6 months. Almost to the best decade ever...30s are so freeing and amazing in every way...welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS