Thursday Favorites: Answered Prayers

A month ago (almost to the exact date), I wrote a post about becoming a chef. I came to this fork in the road and I pretty much camped out there for the summer, not knowing what to do. Pacing back and forth, I couldn't choose between following a new dream or keep trying at an old one. Being the emotional eater that I am, I used that fork and ate my sorrows away, never wanting to really tackle the pickle at hand.
I hate pickles.

After much and much and much and much thought, I made a decision.

"I'm sorry Le Cordon Bleu, you are CHOPPED. Please pack up your utensils and go home."

You don't know how hard it was to make that decision. My heart (and my tummy, and my hubby's tummy) was saying, "Cook your heart out, Sunshine!" but My brain was saying different. I wanted to follow my dreams (SO BAD) but it's not in the cards right now... the debit cards more specifically.

So, I chose my first love, Teaching. It truly is my first passion and truth be told, I lost some of that last year. 
But this is a new year, and I want to reignite my passion again. I'm going to set this place on FI-YA! (not literally... I would never do that) I want to be a revolutionary... a force to be reckoned with....in the classroom and in the kitchen! WATCH OUT NOW!

I met my principal today and I could NOT have asked for a more supportive guy. Through and Through. And he gave me an iPad to boot! (It's for a reading program)

To make this situation that much better, he told me that if an opportunity arises where I can move back to Elementary mid-year, he would give me his blessing. My heart was about to jump out of my chest and hug him. I think if I cried like I wanted to, he would've thought I was a weirdo. I went home from our meeting feeling like I made the right decision.

I am now a Middle School English Language Development Teacher (Math, Study Skills, and Reading)

Now I can take out my teacher tools and magic dust....and clean out our guest room.

Cooking School will always be there for me.... I will put my Chef dream aside (not away).

Until then...when I'm not in my classroom, you can find me here....
Happy. Cooking in my Kitchen.

**Thank you to all my family and  friends (blog ones included) for all of your support through it all. Listening to me bitch and moan? Why are you still loving me?

 And to my patient and supportive Husband, where ever this road will take me... I want nothing more than you by my side...oh and can you drive? I hate driving. ***

12 comments:

  1. Well Im happy to know that everything worked out for you. Just because teaching is what's right for you right now doesnt mean you have to quit cooking forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! It's always great to have a supportive principal and to feel like you've made the right decision!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I hope this year is your best yet. :)

    Also, you should read Just a Titch. Amy is a teacher too. You might find some interesting things there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, that feeling of peace after making a tough decision. Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't be happier for you! I know it's tough, but things have a way of working themselves out for the best. Much love girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I'm not even going to lie, every post you've made since you told us about Le Cordon Bleu, I've been hoping it is about the official decision.

    I'm really happy for you! I think you're renewed passion will make it a great year for you. I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you have such a supportive principal and are excited for this school year! Making those kinds of decisions is SO tough, but I'm glad you feel good about what you decided! Looking forward to seeing more great recipes from your kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, such a hard decision to make! You are such a foodie, I know you would have rocked at Le Cordon Bleu. I'm so excited that you have such a supportive principal. I hope that you reignite your passion for teaching again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I teach middle schoolers, too, and I think you will love it (you had high school this year, right?) They are my favorite age group--I taught high school before, too, but middle school is where it's at!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have taught highschool and HATED it!!!! I have camped out in middle school and will never leave. Love it, and am so very happy that you have found a place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ya know, LCB may not be for you right now, but there is always time down the road!!! Never fear!

    and how great to have that support of your principal and your hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a teacher too :) Congratulations on your decision and it sounds like you are in a great school district! My district would NEVER give me an ipad :)

    Loved the pics from your wedding! I am also 27 and planning mine :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS