What's in My Diaper Bag?

When it comes to bags and purses I am like a 4 year old girl. I'm curious what's in your purse. Now, I'm not digging in purses to find dirty little secrets, nor am I looking for cash to steal, but rather how it's organized and what unnecessary things I can buy on my next Target trip. Damn you, Target.

I hope that none of you are picturing me digging through your purse while you're out of the room.. I don't do this in real life. I do this on YouTube....dig through people's purses. This is totally acceptable and very very unnecessary. Can we say total waste of time but something I do for some reason? Please tell me I'm not alone.
In hopes that I'm not alone in this Curious George habit of mine, I give you.... What's in my diaper bag! This is also for the mommies-to-be or already mommies to dig in and see what is working for a fellow mommy club member.

My Diaper Bag

 I adore this bag. It's cute, functional, light, and most importantly, spacious. It has countless pockets (I just discovered 2 side pockets the other day) and a main compartment that can probably fit a small newborn baby.

First up, my "oh-crap-he-shat-all-up-his-back" necessities as well as "Surprise, Mommy-here's-some-throw-up-for you!" cleaner-upers. I can't stress enough how crucial it is to pack an extra shirt for yourself. Babies like to spread their poopy love. I also love carrying a swaddle blanket because it's big enough to cover baby in a cold breeze or use to wipe up various baby messes.



I carry atleast 4 diapers at any given moment and increase according to where we are going. I also carry diaper bags because it's common courtesy to wrap stinky diapers before you throw it away in someone's bathroom trash bin. My changing pad  is from Hubby's diaper bag. The one that mine came with is too small for my baby's chubby bubby. I love how this one is large because I had to change his diaper in some icky places where I wouldn't dare put him down without it. We also carry a formula dispenser that conveniently holds 3 feedings worth along with a mini bottle of water that is enough for 2 feedings. We also carry bottles to feed him, duh.


I don't know how women carry more than one bag. I have yet to master carrying the baby's carseat, my diaper bag, and a purse. I clearly need to work out my upper body. Instead, I stuff my junk into my stylish diaper bag. Double Whammy!


Don't worry, it fits.



TAG! You're it!

To my fellow mommy bloggers,

Make a post about what you tote around.

What do you mommies carry in your diaper bags? What can't you leave the house without?

Make sure you come back and tell me that you did it!








13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - it's been so long since I toted around a diaper bag (my son is 14!!) but in my purse you will find an assortment of receipts, hair things, lotion, multiple lip glosses and lipstick tubes, a pen, my wallet, some gum, a packet of tissues, maybe a peppermint or cough drop, and my cell phone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea to add in a shirt for yourself! also I should throw a water bottle in my bag. I usually just measure out the water and have the bottle pre-filled, but this would be nice to have. Now that P is older, I have a book, several toys, and some solid food pouches and Cheerios. I only carry one bag too, I hope to once again carry a purse for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so organized!! i need to get better. love your idea of packing a shirt for mom too...would've never thought of that but there have been several times i needed one. this is a great, helpful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lots of goodies in your bag :) Mine is much more watered down. Check it out here:
    http://eahenretta.blogspot.com/2013/01/whats-in-diaper-bag.html?m=1

    I for got to mention in my post that I, too, carry an extra shirt. She likes to spit up on her momma at the most inconvenient times ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great! keeping this on file for the coming weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe what a cute post Joanna!!! I was actually very curious to see what was in the baby tote, and I'm always like, "ahhhh that's sooo much to carry and think about!" But I guess it becomes 2nd nature before you know it? :) And I hear so many scary stories about the baby's poop going all up their back....oh man, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe what a cute post Joanna!!! I was actually very curious to see what was in the baby tote, and I'm always like, "ahhhh that's sooo much to carry and think about!" But I guess it becomes 2nd nature before you know it? :) And I hear so many scary stories about the baby's poop going all up their back....oh man, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe what a cute post Joanna!!! I was actually very curious to see what was in the baby tote, and I'm always like, "ahhhh that's sooo much to carry and think about!" But I guess it becomes 2nd nature before you know it? :) And I hear so many scary stories about the baby's poop going all up their back....oh man, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your diaper bag! Mine is a huge, awkward-to-carry thing from Babies R Us and I am constantly misplacing my little one's things in it! Digging for the binky when she's having a freak out is not fun! Maybe a new bag should be on my list for Cupid this year? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those were too many things to place in a diaper bag! But then, it’s nice to see that all of those fit in there. You know, those things are necessary for the baby’s comfort. And it’s nice that you have organized it in a way that only one bag will be needed. I’ll try that sometime. :)

    Leonia Shearer

    ReplyDelete
  11. woow that too many to place in diaper bags, wonder these kind of celebrity diaper bags are cheaper in price

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS