My Other Job

This week was my much dreaded return to work. Don't get me wrong, I like my job and I like my co-workers, but I have a newborn at home and when your heart is in one place and your head in another, your day is no picnic basket in the park. But, you know what? I have all the special components in life right now that makes spending 8+ hours on my feet all day (ahhh, the life of a teacher) a small yet satisfying picnic lunch box in the park. I have my mom, my superhero, staying with us for the next few weeks to help me out so I don't kill myself with stress. I have my friends who texted and commented sweet and sympathetic words of support all week. I have my co-workers who have been checking on me throughout the day to make sure I am not crying on my classroom floor. And I have a baby who welcomes me home with smiles, baby words, and hair that smells like love. I'm going to be ok. I'm going to be ok.

5 comments:

  1. Ohh hang in there, I am sure every day will get a bit better. And if not, you should move to Canada for baby #2. We get an entire year off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you will be ok. It's so hard at first, but I promise it does get easier. It's not perfect and you will miss that kid like crazy, but it gets better and you really learn to appreciate the time you do have together. Hang in there, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, pretty lady! Sounds like you have a great support system, and of course a PRECIOUS little one to greet you when you get home :). Hopefully each passing day will get easier and easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mommy, first day back to work, you will have better days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG all those moms at my school...literally TONS of them (I work with 100+ teachers, 90% women...). I tell them constantly "You're my hero" because they do so much. Keep it up. You can do it!!! HIS strength!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS