Magic, Make believe, and Tequila

For my next trick, I will make you believe that no time has passed in my Project Wifey Wife...project thingy. By the time I finish this post, you will magically believe that I have been blogging every day about the fantabulous meals I make for the hubby. No Time has passed. No time has passed.

If you don't believe me, I'll cry. And you don't want to see my ugly cry face. It'll make you wonder if you should feel sorry for me, laugh, or be scared shitless.

Moving on....

I made the best pasta known to man. AND it has tequila. Pasta AND Tequila? This has to be against the law...and not just the healthy eating law. I first tried this magical creation at the California Pizza Kitchen and it blew....my....mind. In my little black book of pastas, this and mizithra with browned butter are my go to booty calls. The fact that I got my hands on this recipe makes my tummy all giddy!!

Project Wifey Wife Week #23- The Savory
Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
from allrecipes.com a la Kimberly :)


Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbs minced garlic
2 Tbs minced jalapeno
3 Tbs butter
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 Tbs tequila
2 Tbs fresh lime juice
3 Tbs soy sauce
1 1/4 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts; cubed
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 yellow and green bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups heavy cream

1. In a medium saucepan, saute cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno pepper in 2 Tbs of butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
The love affair between garlic and cilantro in this dish is Tabloidelicious.

3. Add the stock, tequila, and lime juice. Bring to a boil. **The recipe says to let it come up to a paste consistency and I boiled for a LONG time and couldn't get that. It still turned out perfect in the end. So if you're impatient like me...no worries. **

4. Pour soy sauce over the chicken and set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and the bell peppers with 1 Tbs of butter, stirring occasionally.

The recipe called for green peppers, but I refuse to conform to society and used orange instead.
I'm a rebel without a cause. 

5. Boil the pasta. Duh.

6. When the peppers have wilted a bit, add chicken AND the soy sauce. Toss and add the tequila/lime paste from earlier and cream. Boil and cook chicken well. Toss with pasta and HOLY MOLY, you got yourself a dinner fit for the King of Mexico or Italy. Whatever.

When I snap my fingers, you will believe that I am a consistent blogger who makes the best food in Bloggertown. You will try this recipe and make your own ugly crying face because you will be crying tequila tears of pure and utter joy. You will love it. You will LOVE it. ::SNAP::

4 comments:

  1. I don't mind crying tequila tears if it means I get to eat this pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post, so yummy.
    Have an amazing weekend,
    Tereza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just looks fabulous. You totally had me at tequila.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mizithra with brown butter is magic! I am making it this weekend for a boy. Hope he's ready to fall in love! ; )

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS