Take Me to the Greek...Salmon

See what I did there on that shnazzy title?

When Hubby comes home and says that the house is filled with all his favorite food smells, you know you're doing something right. When your house STILL smells like that two days later...ummm, I'm not quite sure what that means. ::scratches head::

Point is, I made something that smells amazing and tastes even MORE so. I am pretty excited to post this because I created this recipe using my own noggin. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself. Sorry to toot my own horn, I'm just happy that my noggin is working. YAY for New Year's Resolutions.
Project Wifey Wife: The Savory
Panko Hummus Crusted Salmon with Orzo Salad

Ingredients:
For the Salmon
12-16oz  salmon or any other fish
2-3 garlic cloves; minced
1/4 of a yellow union; diced
1 Tbs of dried parsley
1 Tbs of dried oregano
1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
2Tbs of Hummus (I used a generic store bought one with no added flavors)
salt to taste
olive oil to moisten
feta for pretty decor

For the Orzo Salad
1 1/2 cups of dried orzo pasta
1 zucchini; chopped
1 yellow and 1 red bell pepper
1/4 yellow or red onion
1/2 Tbs parsley
1/2 Tbs oregano
Drizzle of olive oil
salt to taste

1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and Boil the orzo pasta according to the directions on the box.
2. Saute the onions and garlic for the salmon in a small pan. Add the oregano and parsley and stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent.

3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs, hummus, salt, and oil together. Add the onion mixture and stir together. It should hold together pretty well.

4. Spread the mixture ontop of the salmon and crumble some feta on top if you'd like. I did it and turns out, I don't like feta.

5. On the same baking dish, throw on those yummy veggies for the orzo pasta. Toss with olive oil, oregano, parsley, and salt.
6. Bake  for 20-25 minutes until Salmon is flaky and the veggies are roasted. Mine cooked together perfectly.
7. Mix the beautifully fragrant veggies into the orzo pasta.


8. De....wait for it....vour.

In other news....
I've actually been to The Greek Amphitheater for a Lykke Li concert. It's pretty phat.

You know what else is pretty bangarang? The Coachella Line up. Wahoooo! I can't wait! Remember all the fun I had last year? It's going to be epic, my friends.

I am most excited to see Florence + The Machine, Radiohead, Bon Iver, The Shins, DJ Shadow, Santigold, The Rapture, Snoopaloop and Dr. Dre...oh my... I guess I could just show you the poster because there are so many more.
TAKE ME TO THE DESERT!

6 comments:

  1. Please throw your panties on stage at Snoop for me, k? Just kidding. I'd really love to see Florence and the Machine! And The Black Keys! And They Promised Us Jet Packs because they have a cool name. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! And great job creating the recipe yourself!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg - that dinner looks so good. I've been meaning to make macadamia nut encrusted salmon, but this is calling my name too!

    And I'm sufficiently jealous of your plans to go to Coachella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am more surprised that Mazzy Star is still a band. Wow.

    That salmon looks fantastic. Hummus crusted is a good idea.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. this recipe looks absolutely delicious- i'm super impressed. the orzo salad would be great all year long, too - i can see it being a cookout staple in the summertime. well done, friend!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS