Drizzle of Gobble Gobble

T minus two days, my friends! Thanksgiving is almost here! The day where we remember all the blessings we have in our lives, spend time with our loved ones, and see how many plates of food we can shovel into our mouths before we KO. I'm excited and so is my belly.

Hubs and I already decided which of our families we will be seeing because you know that's a HUGE deal for newly married couples. We will have to spend many hours in the car, but it'll be so worth it in the end. Plus, two trips mean two different kinds of Thanksgiving meals! WHOO HOO!

I've already picked my outfit... something stretchy...leggings perhaps?

But, one thing I've had to put a lot of thought into before finally committing is what to COOK! Luckily I only have to bring a side dish or a dessert. I've decided I don't want to try something new. I don't want to stress out about whether it'll be good or not. Instead, I went through my recipes and found.....

Cheesy (Crack) Potatoes

via
SOOOOO addicting and delicious. This is a dish that is sooo good, yet so bad. It's ok, Holidays are meant for indulgences! I got this recipe in college from a friend (Hi Theresa!) and I was in loved right away! It's so extremely easy, too!
Ingredients:
1(30oz) bag of hash browns
1 can of cream of chicken
1 pint of sour cream
1 stick of butter
3+ cups of shredded cheddar

1. Mix together all ingredients. Pour into a casserole dish. Top with cheese.
2. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Eat. Repeat. Eat. Repeat.

See how easy that is? I really don't want a dish that's fussy and this is perfect!

Now what should I bring as a dessert? Let's recap Project Wifey Wife!

Maybe I should make my mini apple puffs?


My Carrot Cake Cookies would be perfect....
I'll have to think about that more.... dessert is very serious, you know.

  • What are you making for Thanksgiving?

2 comments:

  1. Pumpkin and apple pies, plus sweet potatoes. I can't wait to do the whole meal someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those desserts look amazing! I'm doing a big turkey, potatoes, veggies and apple crisp. Nothing too crazy because it's just 2 of us!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS