Yipee! Trimester Three!

Can my cheeks BE any bigger? Let's hope not.

How far along? 27 weeks. Some sites say I'm in my third trimester. WHOA!
Total weight gain: Not gonna tell!
Maternity clothes? Found some great work capris at Gap Maternity for $14. I will be wearing them everyday. Think my students will notice?
Stretch marks? Still rubbing on my Belly Butter and it's working like a charm.
Sleep: Sleep is good. Taking longer and deeper naps which is bad considering I go back to work next week. I will miss you, Naps!
Best moment this week: Getting my haircut. The heat is not my friend so getting the hair away from my neck is a dream!
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my back, sushi, and fitting into my old pants.
Movement: Baby is kicking, flipping, and hiccuping a lot still. 
Food cravings: Veggies! This is great. Hopefully I wont back on too much more weight.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing at the moment
Gender predictions: This week I've been getting a lot of people saying it's a boy.
Labor Signs: I think I had some Braxton Hicks this week. Not sure.
Symptoms: Major swelling in my legs. Had to go to the hospital. No fun.
Belly Button in or out? Half flat and half out. It's a Floutie!
Wedding rings on or off? Rockin' my 1.5 carat of fakeness. I miss my real rings.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy with a chance of moody. Depends on the day. 
Looking forward to: I'm not sure at the moment but I'm NOT looking forward to going back to work with this heat wave.
 
I've been swollen. Can you tell? No like REALLY swollen. This heat has caused my legs and ankles to swell up real good. This week it got pretty scary because only one leg decided to swell, which is dangerous sometimes. Apparently, this could mean I might have blood clots which is common in pregnancy. Did not know that.
 
Last Friday, I had enough. It was painful to walk and my friends and family were starting to notice, so I decided to call the Doctor. They told me to go into Labor and Delivery right away! I didn't think it was that serious until they admitted me, strapped my belly up to the monitors, and ordered a series of blood tests and ultrasounds.
I was there for almost 5 hours. The good thing was that I was strapped to a fetal monitor and got to hear my baby's heartbeat  the whole time. It was music to my ears. I could listen to that forever.
 
The bad thing was I was there for 4 hours WAITING on results, WAITING for them to do ultrasounds on my legs, and WAITING for my phone to get reception so I could call my hubby. He was so freaked out that he rushed to me from work because he hadn't heard from me since I was admitted. I was also very hungry. If I knew I was going to be waiting that long I would've packed a burger in my purse.
 

Thank God everything turned out to be ok. The ultrasounds and blood tests came out fine. The doctor said it might be a combination of the heat and the way the baby is sitting. I also have Scoliosis which could have something to do with it. The pressure of all the weight is no good for my sensitive back.
 
I've made a few changes since then that seem to help the swelling situation.
1. Wearing compression socks- They are supposed to help with the circulation  in your legs and help prevent fatigue.

 2. Belly Support- This is going to be a lifesaver since I'll be on my feet all day. It very much relieves the pressure on my back and legs.

.via.
3. More Water, Less Salt- I've really been watching my sodium intake. No more fries or chips for this preggo. I've been guzzling water like a fish, too and it's been working wonders for my new kankles. I hate my new kankles.

.via.
 Hope none of you are experiencing this, but if you do, hope this helps.

6 comments:

  1. You are the cutest! I'm archiving all this for when I have a kid. I'm currently rocking compression socks for the first time! I got pink. Good to know they're good for other things! ;-) Did you get another job teaching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ADORABLE! But wow, that is soooo scary. Pregnancy hormones plus possible blood clots sound like a nightmare to this hypochondriac! Glad everything turned out okay. Can't wait to see the babe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute!! I'm really sorry about your swelling troubles...you poor thing. I hope the sodium reduction helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are still adorable. Glad to hear you are ok and there wasn't anything wrong.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain! We have had a heat wave and my kankles are enormous. i think they are trying to reach my knees! I am so glad to hear that everything is A-OK (that must have been so scary) and that you are starting to feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an adorable prego mama! :) I am so sorry about the swelling - I know it sucks and can be scary but I'm glad all is well and hope the diet changes and compression stockings help get you through the heat!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS